~Red Chair~



I have a love affair with red.


 I love bits of red all over the house. I think my love of red goes back to the day when I had colouring projects at school and I loved to use my Poppy Red pencil crayon whenever I could.  I think most Canadians know what I mean - we have a brand of pencil crayons called Laurentian (named after the St. Lawrence River - I think?) that was in almost every child's desk. The Poppy Red name comes from the colour of the poppies we Canadians wear on our lapels before and during Remembrance Day. You can read about that here.  So now I pop in red whenever I can. 

I am S-L-O-W-L-Y  re-doing my son's room.


I love the vintage, Ralph Laureny look for a boys room with red accents. Most of the furniture has been re-painted. If you want to see a glimpse you can check it out hereOne small painting project was to paint a chair I found on Craigslist for cheap. I wanted to paint it red - so off to my favourite paint store - Benjamin Moore!  They know me quite well, so they have given me a great discount! Can't complain about that! I chose a beautiful red, Caliente, from their new Aura line (paint and primer in one!) You can check out another project I did in my son's room using Caliente here.


~before~



~after~
 I absolutely love how it turned out!


This project is going to join the many other inspiration projects at:
Metamorphosis Monday at  Between Naps on the Porch
and visiting Kimba at DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land

6 comments

  1. I love red stuff! I don't have anything red in our main living area, but our master bedroom is red and khaki. And I read in a House Beautiful or somewhere once that adding one red piece to a room really livens it up.
    Looks great!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love red. I was brave and put it on the wlls of my kitchen and my powder room. I chose a brick sort of red. It's kind of clay or brownish red but I like how warm it makes the rooms feel. I have some pics of it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you...I absolutely love the way it turned out too! The color is perfect! No wonder I am already following your blog! It's because I love your style. Come & visit & tell me what u think of my project this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just bought these same chairs on kijiji. A set of 4. I cannot wait to paint them for my dining room. One of the colours we have picked is similar to that red, but each chair will be a different colour. My husband thinks I am in sane :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat...