Chiang Mai Dragon Pillow #2


Not letting the whole grommet issue stand in my way, I managed to whip up a fabulous pillow with my second memo of Chiang Mai Dragon from Schumacher.


My saga began last November when my wonderful blogging friend Karla took Nancy and I to fabric wholesalers. 

She managed to snag me two memos {that's what designers call "samples", I like to say "memo", makes me sound like I know what I am doing} of Chiang Mai Dragon from Schumacher in Alabaster and 

When I saw the generous sizes I thought , "Yes! I can make pillows"

until I saw these:

Blasted grommets.

But they did not deter me.

My first pillow turned out like this:




And now the second pillow is complete.

Grommets? What grommets?



I cut and appliqued a flower over each grommet using a blanket stitch.



And sewed an invisible zipper. 


This fabric just makes my heart go pitter patter.

Tomorrow: pillow tutorial #2!

XO Barbara

22 comments

  1. It looks gorgeous and what an inventive way to cover those grommets. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart way to hide the grommets! :) Your pillows look great Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...some serious skills here! they look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love 'em! Especially cushion #1 with the black trim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!
    I really love the details on number one...excited for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pillows are so fantastic! I want to make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Such creative solutions for each pillow. They are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome! So smart... I can't wait for the invisible zipper tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Lady!!! Looks so good. :)
    xo e

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fabric! I love the black trim on the first one. Love the blog, full of great DIYs!

    Sharece
    The Design Hall Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a smart idea! The pillows are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to look twice to try to find out exactly where the grommets were.

    This is certainly a a real good thing!


    Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Barbara, how I LOVE this!! I think adding that detail takes it over the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a brilliant solution. I really had to look to see the patches! So glad you could save the fabric Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pillows! I love how you cleverly hide those grommets!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG you are a genius, this is amazing!!! It looks even better with the appliques! LOVE!!!
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant! The fabric makes me want to wake up early and paint a canvas just like it..thanks for the inspiration and the designer lingo! Perfection ! Have a great long weekend!
    Lucy
    Ps
    I'm also Canadian :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmmm ... I am sooooo in love with that fabric! I love the way you made the most of it, great job.

    Suzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing work! It honestly looks like those patches were made to be there! Brilliant!

    Tiffany {Living Savvy}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Barbara, I love this! You're one talented Lady :) Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OK....gotta tell you this was brilliant! Both pillows are fabulous. I was wondering how you were going to get around those grommets.
    Talent.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat...